Merry Christmas, fellow bloggers and bloggees. Hasn't this been a crazy year? I hope that those of you that read this celebrated the joy of traveling sometime this year, even if it was a simple overnight road trip. There is something about exploring this big, bold, beautiful world that fills us with appreciation for creation, for humanity, for adventure, for discovering the unknown, and ultimately for the home and family we get to return to. Please send me a short snippet of the most meaningful travel experience you had this year. And, if by the infrequency of my postings you think I've been allowing dust to settle on my carry-on, think again. This year I was blessed with amazing experiences in Dominican Republic (where I rang in 2009), Puerto Rico, Baltimore, DC, Alaska (both Nome and Juneau -- why am I so strangely attracted to that cold, forsaken place?), Victoria BC, Seattle, Spokane, Moaning Caverns, San Diego multiple times, Portland, Rhode Island, Monterey, Vegas; I think that's most of it. So here is my early New Years resolution: I will have a new posting every week. Maybe by traveling less next year - the passes are about to expire - I'll be forced to relive this year's memories to keep the travel bug alive. Ok, quit laughing, you're thinking what I'm thinking. There's no way I'll be happy to live in the past. I've already got a running list of new destinations for 2010, even if it takes paying for a ticket! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: