Have all the planes been grounded? Did my inflatable neck-pillow develop an irreparable puncture? Are there no decent books left worth reading? Have my pass privileges been revoked? Did my favorite carry-on bag disappear? All good possibilities for why Iron Girl hasn't been traveling. Or at least, why I haven't been writing. Truthfully, Puerto Rico was amazingly experience enough to have satiated my wanderlust for the last few weeks. But earlier this week, driving out to the airport to pick up some friends from their weekend trip to Florida (great job on almost making rank in your age group, Blue Sugar Poet! I'll make sure you get the pie you deserve), I caught the bug again. The jet fuel fumes, the buzz of travelers as they chug the last of their water before hitting the security line, the shuffle of photo IDs and security documents, exotic (or domestic) destinations on the brains of adventurers. I've gotta get back out there. So this, my long weekend, will hopefully find me in Houston, exploring Galveston and NASA-oriented tours. The flights are a bit full -- what happened to a weak economy with fewer travelers? But I'll load up on books (any advice or feedback on the Kindle would be appreciated)and hopefully I'll be reporting back about all the Texas-size fun this weekend holds for me.

1 comment:

mom said...

Have fun!! Too bad we don't know where the Duckworths are...