Meanwhile, back at the office

Clothes are still sitting in my carry-on, waiting to be unpacked. Shells, coral, and sea urchins are patiently awaiting their placement in shadowboxes. Various kitsche keychains and magnets have yet to be passed out to friends & family members. And I still have a bit of a buzz from the 20-foot drop off a zipline. My boss, however, thought nothing unusual about asking, "So where's your next trip?" I almost snipped, "What, Puerto Rico isn't trip enough for ya?" Then I realized what a compliment he had just paid me. Yes, if I had a stamp in my passport, the ink would still be damp from my last trip. But this is the person he has come to know: peripatetic , adventure-seeker, airport junkie. I kinda like being known for my RLS (restless leg syndrome) when it comes to this season of globe-trotting in my life. Thanks for the compliment, Dr. M. I'll do my best not to disappoint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep going as long as you can. Don't let it become an ephemeral or evanescent thing!

iron girl traveling said...

somehow I don't think I'll be traveling less once I lose the flight benies, I'll just be 'broker' for having to buy tickets!