Pretty Pink Passes

Peripatetic hope springs eternal. As I picked up the last few items for my sister's babyshower (happening the same weekend as our store booth being hosted at a youth rally event, a worship concert performing in the store, and i think i may have to run my cat to the emergency pet care clinic because of something he ate), I saw a great deal on travel-sized face cream. It wasn't until I was unloading my plastic bags on the bathroom counter when I realized how long it had been since I've needed to be mindful of 3-1-1. While it's been kinda nice to buy shampoo, body wash, hairspray, etc. in containers of more puniary-friendly sizes over 3 ounces, I was thrilled that that little travel monster, long dormant, still has the power to stay my hand over the mini-containers that fit beautifully in a carry-on. It's been a journey in its own right, fraught with tumultuous emotional travel, establishing and managing Damascus Road. It's been an adventure that would rival any month-long trek through the Himalayas or up Kilimanjaro. But my wander-lust can't be satiated with anything less than at least one plane change on the way to whatever destination I've come up with. A little pink coupon book sits on my nightstand as I type; another buddy pass. I almost channeled Gollum when I lovingly caressed it out of the fed-ex envelope that it arrived in: my precioousssssss! It allows me to dream again. I can imagine cities on whose streets I've not geocached. Dessert shops boasting local specialties. Ghost tours with cheesy costumes but fascinating history lessons. Where to, where to? My first thought was of BSP, my long-lost ultra running buddy. when she left California, we had each beat the other in an ultra-race. We're long overdue for a tie-breaker. But that's a one stop (not even a plane change) destination. I want to find the most obscure destination requiring the most circuitous route. Maybe I'll plan it around hurricane or blizzard season, and hope for a few weather delays. Let's see where these travel-twitchy feet end up.....

No comments: