Waddayamean, credit card number?

I feel queasy. I just bought my first Southwest Airlines plane ticket. Ick. How foreign to pull out my credit card to complete a reservation. My remaining passes will be expired before this trip in May - an office trip to Anaheim for a Dental Convention (ok, Disneyland, but I'm sure there's a Mass Disaster course somewhere I'll squeeze in). So this is how the traveling hoi poloi feel, paying hard-earned money to ride the silver birds. I'm not liking it. Being such the people-person I am (what ARE you sniggering at?!?), maybe I should get a job as a ticket agent to continue flying free. Ok, now that we've all gotten a good laugh in, I'm rethinking the $149 I just spent and what that means. I just might get an A-group boarding pass - no more wedging into middle seats (see post about POS'es). No more guilt asking for a second glass of spicy tomato. No more contingency plans if I don't make my destination on the same day as leaving home. And, the holy grail: actually getting vouchers if I'm bumped off a flight! Not quite worth trading the freedom to hop a flight to, say, Nome on a whim. Better start sharpening my cheap-flight google skills for the upcoming year.

6 comments:

Jerolyn Bogear said...

Welcome to the slumming masses. Bumping is the key.

bluesugarpoet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bluesugarpoet said...

I'm sure you could troll for a few more free passes - all you have to do is ask.

(okay, i know i'm pushing it here, but we haven't ran in hawaii yet!)

*sorry - had to fix my spelling errors and re-post comment, lol.

iron girl traveling said...

Jerolyn -- I remember the days of booking holiday travel on specific flights in hopes of over-sells! Too bad I'm already 'home for the holidays'.
BSP -- Ironman, right?

Anonymous said...

BSP is right!!! All you have to do is ask and you shall receive....swa or any other airline you want!!!

iron girl traveling said...

Thanks, anon -- your voucher support has lead to many great memories last year!